Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend and Weigh-In

I was pretty concerned this week about my my fitness. I was kind of sick on Monday and Tuesday such that I didn't go to the gym.....essentially that made for a 4 days weekend.

Yikes!

Then, this weekend I went up to Tennessee to go to my friend Stacy's wedding. I drove up Friday to Dayton TN, spent the night with friends, then drove up to the wedding on Saturday and back on Sunday.

This made for 13 hours of driving in 3 days --time that I could've used being active and instead sat in a car.

Then, to make matters worse, my friends (who are absolutely, totally, naturally skinny--by no fault of their own) brought snack for the road trips. M&M's, dried fruit, nuts......yummmmmmy.

I brought carrots.

Yeah, you can guess which won out....

The reception food was amazing, and filled with pretty good options. Instead of desserts galore, there was a scrumptious array of fruit --- delicious blackberries, raspberries, pineapple, melons, and strawberries! Yum!!! I will NEVER turn down fruit...it's one of the few healthy things I actual prefer hands down! There also was fruit cocktail, little sausages, spinach and artichoke dip (my kryptonite...can't pass it up!) with chips, chocolate fountain, and of course, cake. 
There also was a delicious, refreshing punch. I have made it a general rule to always just have water, since the calories can be really sneaky and gang up on you in a drink, but lemme tell you, this punch was good. So, enough said on that....I probably had 3 or 4 little glasses.

Receptions are always hard to know exactly how much you consumed. I felt like I had done fairly well all things considered, but there's not really any easy way to count calories during something like that. Sometimes I'm just a worry-wart, so naturally, I was worried.

Today rolls around, my weigh in day. I did my work out this morning. It was pretty light today, just one hour of step aerobics (750 calories burned), and one hour of yoga.

After I did my workout, I went to weigh in. The room that has the scale I normally use was occupied, so I went to a different scale.....and then to a different scale to get a second opinion (since it wasn't my normal scale).....

I lost 2 pounds again! I'm very excited, since that came off of a week that had a 0.5 pound gain, and I was worried it was going to happen again. But no! My body is still doing what it's supposed to...still going down! Woohoo! :)

So, that's that....I guess the moral of this story is I need to worry less and just do what I know gets results. :)
Amazing how just a little more effort and a little less fretting works!

4 comments:

  1. I made the realization this weekend that I don't need to worry about every tiny, little slip up as I have been doing for several weeks now.

    Will that basket of chips I ate Friday make me gain weight overnight? NO! I would have to be doing much worse than a basket of chips to GAIN weight overnight. Am I going to make a habit of eating a basket of chips once a week? NO! But I learned that if I have more good days than slip ups, then I will continue to see results on the scale.

    No one is perfect, life isn't perfect. We aren't able to have perfect 1500 calorie and 1 hour of cardio days every day. Enjoy life and have a cup of that punch at a wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Glad it all went well. Glad Big Life, Little Blog said it - No one is perfect and life isn't perfect - listening to some of the bloggers out there I thought I was the only imperfect one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No you're not the only one!
    It's a fine line to walk--because really,"exceptions" that pile up are what thwart you, but at the same time, it's okay to both treat yourself and to slip up occasionally, and it would just be depressing if you held yourself to perfection.
    I don't know if I've found the balance yet...but at least we're all working toward that! Thanks for your encouragement ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAY TO GO DIANA!!!!!!!!!!

    Yay, that is SO SO SO amazing! Next summer we're all gonna go to the beach or something and everyone is going to be SOOOO jealous of how fit and skinny you are!! I can't wait!! Much Love.

    ReplyDelete